Sunday, January 25, 2009

On the horizon...

Recently I have been exploring the numerous ways of using technology to improve teaching and learning. Because I do not teach many classes, the use of technology is more of a vision for the entire school. I was interested in where my staff was in terms of technology and their experiences range from very little to "must have". We now sign out all school equipment through our school website. Imagine, using technology to sign out technological equipment!

I asked teachers if they would be interested in participating in a blog to promote reading as a professional. We have tried other attempts but have not been successful. When I explained the reading could be done at any time in the comfort of their home people seemed interested. My worry is that I am asking for one more thing to do.

1 comment:

Marnie M said...

What is impressive here Duane is that you are trying to build a culture of technology literate teachers through uses that demonstrate purpose and flexibility. Your focus is not the "application workshop" but uses that feed their professional work and learning. Kudo's to you. Keep trying... you may always have some that will not participate or don't see the purpose, but that happens when we disrupt traditional discourses.

Marnie