Monday, March 2, 2009

On a Personal note ...

Recently I was in Humboldt, Saskatchewan for a Provincial Hockey game. I help coach a the Midget Midwest Redwings. Humboldt is a finalist for recogintion of Hockeyville 2009 and as part of the celebration CBC televised the promotion of the town. Cassie Campbell (Olympic gold medalist) and Glenn Hall (Hockey Hall of Famer) were the special guests on behalf of CBC. They actually came into the dressing room and met the boys and encouraged them to do their best. It was a highlight for the team and the coaches. I have attached a video from that eveneing that was on CBC. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Good story Duane. Have they decided where Hockeyville will be?

Duane Hauk said...

The voting has ended but Nothing has been posted. I know Humboldt beat Penticton to win the region. It was a difference of 250 000 votes.

Cheryl Morin said...

That's the best thing about extracurricular involvement for children and adults: The stories that they have from these experiences are retold many times over with many different audiences and the students always say... :"I saw or I was there..."